I. Understanding Your Loved One and Your Relationship
1. “Why Do I Feel So Lost in This Relationship?”
2. What Makes Someone So Emotional?
3. The Hidden Power of Validation
4. Five Steps to Balanced Responses and Better Outcomes
II. The Many Faces of Borderline Personality Disorder
5. "I Can't Stand Feeling Like This!"
6. "It Was All My Fault"
7. "You Have to Fix This for Me!"
8. "Things Are Awful . . . but Don't Worry; I'm Handling It"
9. "Why Do Terrible Things Keep Happening to Me?"
10. "Nothing's Wrong—I'm Fine"
III. Dealing with Crisis and Getting Help
11. Handling Your Own Difficult Emotions
12. Understanding Self-Harm/Suicide and Making Decisions about Hospitalization
13. Getting Treatment and Support