Guilford Publications is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining a talented, dedicated staff. Located in New York City, we publish acclaimed books and periodicals in the areas of psychology and mental health, education, research methods, and geography. We offer our employees a collaborative and highly productive work environment, excellent benefits, and opportunities for career development.
To submit your application for a specific position listed below, please follow the instructions detailed in the position listing.
Current Positions Open:
We are looking for a productive and organized customer service representative to work in our Fulfillment Department. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to start a career in publishing. Previous hires have been promoted within the company to positions in Marketing, Sales, Acquisitions and other departments. Duties will include:
- Provide customer service for key accounts, keeping up to date with customer's policies and requirements and communicating these with Sales, Credit and our warehouse
- Author conference rep - contacts organizers of conferences and meetings where our authors are speaking and arranges for sales or CBE’s to be present
- Process orders, credits and other data entry tasks as needed
- Provide customer service via telephone, e-mail and in-person to our customers
Candidate should have some customer service experience, strong data entry skills and the desire to learn new skills and grow with the position and within the company. This individual should be able to work in a relaxed yet fast-paced environment and have the ability to prioritize both with and without supervision. This full-time position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and is very detail-oriented. Facility with Excel required as is occasional travel to conferences.
Guilford Publications offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits and will only consider local candidates. Please include a cover letter with your resume which includes your salary history. Respond via email to: Lynn Penney, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com with subject line: Fulfillment Specialist.
Subsidiary Rights & Royalty Associate
This new full-time position will be responsible for administrative functions and will keep new title information flowing to our expanding network of publishing partners worldwide and support the search for new licensing opportunities. Duties include:
- Accurate and timely handling of permission requests and payments
- Administration of subsidiary rights contracts
- Conduct regular correspondence with foreign publishers regarding new titles as well as following up on existing contracts
- Create sales materials for book fairs
- Maintain contact files for authors and publishing partners
- Setting up royalty contract information into the primary database, calculating author royalty payments and preparing statements for mailing
The ideal candidate will have two years of work experience, and excellent organizational, administrative, and communication skills, along with math ability and data entry experience. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and the ability to maintain schedules are required. Experience in book publishing and knowledge of a foreign language is preferred.
Guilford Publications offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits and will only consider local candidates. Please include a cover letter with your resume which includes your salary history. Respond via email to: Lynn Penney, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Subsidiary Rights & Royalty Associate.