Outside the U.S. and Canada? Please visit our Ordering Outside the U.S. and Canada page. Please note that our international distributors administer their own exam copy programs and may not follow our policy.
Want to consider a title for course adoption?
Guilford makes copies for course adoption consideration available to professors in the U.S. and Canada in two different ways; some titles are Free For Adoption Consideration (FFAC), while others fall under our 60-day exam policy.
- Browse all FFAC titles.
- Request an FFAC print copy.
- Request an FFAC e-book:
If the title is available as an e-book, you may download an FFAC e-book instead of requesting a print copy. Use the "check status" box above for a link to your download, or visit the product page and click on "Download an e-book now". Please be sure to use an academic email address when you make your request. Personal email extensions will not be accepted. Note: FFAC e-books are provided in PDF format from ebooks.com, so they are paginated and formatted just like the printed book.
Your FFAC e-book request will be approved on the next U.S. business day.
Usage rights for Guilford FFAC e-books:
Guilford e-books come with certain restrictions (also known as DRM or Digital Rights Management) for the protection of copyrights. When you download an FFAC e-book, you have the right to:
- Download it on up to 3 devices, including your computer desktop, iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), Android, ADE based reader (Sony reader pre PRS-700, Kobo eReader, NOOK), or Sony PRS-700 and newer.
- Copy/paste up to 2 pages of text per week.
- Print up to 30 pages per week.
- Request an exam copy.
Free for Adoption Consideration
Guilford is pleased to offer free copies of selected titles to college and university professors considering possible course adoption. Your course must meet our criteria for content relevance.
60-day Exam Policy
If the book you are considering is not on the FFAC list or if your course does not meet our criteria for a free copy, you may request an exam copy. The exam copy will be shipped to you with an invoice that will be canceled if, within 60 days, Guilford is notified that an order for 10 or more copies will be placed by your university book store, or if you return the book. A postage-paid return label will be provided with your exam copy for your convenience. Otherwise, we will assume you are keeping the book for personal use and will expect payment at a faculty discount (15% off the list price). At this time, exam copies are not available as e-books; please request the print version.
Already chosen to adopt a title?
If you've chosen to adopt one of our titles for your course of 10 or more students, thank you. Guilford provides a complimentary (desk) copy when you adopt a text.
- If you received an FFAC print copy, that text now becomes your desk copy.
- If you received a print book under our 60-day exam policy, just contact customer service and we'll cancel your invoice.
- If you are adopting a text that you downloaded as an FFAC e-book, contact us to request either a print or an e-book desk copy. (Unlike FFAC e-books, desk copy e-books have no expiration date.)
- If you did not receive an FFAC or exam copy, but are adopting a book for your course, contact customer service with the name of the book, your academic address, and the course name, semester, and enrollment. We also need to know the name of the bookstore that will be placing the adoption order. You may choose either a print or e-book format (if available) for your desk copy.
How do I request permission for a coursepack?
Guilford participates in many of the Copyright Clearance Center's (CCC) programs including academic coursepack and republication uses. The CCC is the fastest way to clear permission. Many kinds of permissions can be cleared right on their website.
For other permissions questions, please visit our Permissions page.
Contact a Customer Service Representative
If you would like to speak with a customer service representative who can help recommend titles for your courses or assist with any FFAC, exam, or desk requests, please call us at 800-365-7006 and we'll be happy to help you.
Note: Free and exam copies will not be shipped to a residential address. Please be sure to include your university or college address. There is a limit of two titles per course. Guilford reserves the right to limit the number of exam copies and/or free copies sent to each professor per academic year.