Home » Self-Help & General Interest » Psychology
Winner—Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies Self-Help Seal of Merit!
Recent breakthroughs in the study and treatment of anxiety are empowering countless people to find relief from chronic fears, worrying, phobias, and obsessions. This inviting workbook shows how. The state-of-the-art program presented here is grounded in cognitive-behavioral therapy, the most effective treatment for anxiety. No matter what type of anxiety problem you suffer from, leading experts Drs. Martin M. Antony and Peter J. Norton provide an unrivaled toolkit of proven strategies to help you:
- Understand what anxiety is and how it gets out of control
- Identify your anxiety triggers
- Change the beliefs and behaviors that make symptoms worse
- Develop a safe, gradual plan for confronting feared situations
- Learn the facts about medications and herbal remedies
- Achieve a new level of calm with relaxation and meditation techniques
- Find the right professional help, if and when you need it
This title is part of The Guilford Self-Help Workbook Series, edited by Martin M. Antony.