Home » Self-Help & General Interest » Self-Help & Health
Straight Talk about Your Mental Health
New Editions from James Morrison available in 2014: DSM-5 Made Easy, The First Interview, and Diagnosis Made Easier. Sign up to receive e-alerts and exclusive offers when these titles are closer to production.
Too often, mental health care is postponed due to fears about what treatment might entail. Now Dr. James Morrison, a highly experienced practitioner with a no-nonsense approach, provides up-to-date facts and reliable advice about what might be wrong and what you can do about it. Explaining what really works for a wide range of psychological difficulties, Dr. Morrison gives frank and empathetic answers to all the common questions, plus many you may not even think of asking:
- Why do I have these symptoms and when will they get better?
- How safe are drugs like Prozac—and what about herbal remedies?
- What will I have to go through to find out what's wrong?
- How will I know if I've found a good therapist?
- How can I get the best care when my insurance and finances are limited?
- What can I expect in the months and years ahead?