2. The Model as a Working Hypothesis
3. Components of EMDR Treatment and Basic Treatment Effects
4. Treatment Sequence, Phase One: Client History
5. Treatment Sequence, Phases Two and Three: Preparation and Assessment
6. Treatment Sequence, Phases Four to Seven: Desensitization, Installation, Body Scan and Closure
7. Strategies for Working with Abreaction and Blocks
8. Phase Eight: Reevaluation and the Use of The EMDR Three-Pronged Protocol
9. Protocols and Procedures for Special Situations
10. The Cognitive Interweave: A Proactive Strategy for Working With Challenging Clients
11. Special Populations
12. Theory, Research, and Clinical Implications
A. Clinical Aids.
B. Client Safety.
C. EMDR Resources.
D. Online-only Appendices.