Understanding Children Who Struggle in School
Deborah P. Waber
1. The Dilemma: What Is a Learning Disability?
2. A Learning Disability Is a Developmental Problem
3. A Developmental Science Perspective on Learning Disabilities
4. A Lifespan Perspective on Learning Disabilities
5. Identifying Learning Disabilities: A Developmental Approach
6. Insights from Cognitive Neuroscience: Automatic and Effortful Processing
II. Diagnosing the Child-World Interaction
7. Identical Twins
8. An Adequate Achiever with Learning Problems
9. Beyond a "Reading Problem"
10. Learning-Disabled Children Grown Up
11. A Developmental Strategy for Resolving the Dilemma
Appendix. Publications of the Children's Hospital Boston Learning Disabilities Research Center