Home » Publicity » Guilford Authors in the News
- Smart but Scattered Teens by Richard Guare, Peg Dawson, and Colin Guare is excerpted in the Summer 2013 issue of ADDitude.
- Allen Frances and his book, Essentials of Psychiatric Diagnosis, are featured in The New York Post, LiveScience.com, and on WNYC Radio's "The Takeaway."
- David Miklowitz and The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide in USA Today.
- Clinical Psychiatry News calls Motivational Interviewing, Third Edition "a user-friendly, engaging, and comprehensive text that should be required reading for all practicing clinicians."
- Library Journal calls Smart but Scattered Teens "a very helpful addition to parenting shelves."
- Norman Rosenthal and Winter Blues are featured in the Elle magazine article, "Breaking Sad: The Battle with the Winter Blues."
- As reported in the The New York Times, Guilford author Peter Salovey, author of The Psychology of Jealousy and Envy and co-editor of The Wisdom in Feeling, has been named the next president of Yale, effective June 30th.
- Metapsychology reviews The Stress Less Workbook by Jonathan Abramowitz: "If I were going to recommend a self-help book for managing stress to a friend or client, this would be the one."
- Grandparents as Parents, Second Edition is excerpted in Grand Magazine, the digital magazine for grandparents and families.
- The Early Start Denver Model for Treating Young Children with Autism, developed by Geraldine Dawson and Sally Rogers, was featured on CNN.com and Time.com.
- Russell Barkley, author of Taking Charge of Adult ADHD, was interviewed on KUHF Houston Public Radio, for a show titled "A Focus on Adults: Living with Chronic ADHD."
- Russell Barkley, author of Taking Charge of Adult ADHD, was featured on NPR's Talk of the Nation, in a segment entitled "A Focus on Adults: Living with Chronic ADHD."
Honors & Awards
- Todd D. Little, author of Longitudinal Structural Equation Modeling, was recently named a fellow for the Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
- Sex Matters for Women, Second Edition, by Sallie Foley, Sally Kope, and Dennis Sugrue, is the recipient of the 2013 Society for Sex Therapy and Research (SSTAR) Consumer Book Award.
- An Early Start for Your Child with Autism, by Sally Rogers, Geraldine Dawson, and Laurie Vismara won first place in the 2012 American Journal of Nursing Book Awards in the consumer health category.
- Dr. Norman Rosenthal, author of Winter Blues, was featured in an article on treatments for Seasonal Affective Disorder in The Independent.
- Bryna Siegel, author of Getting the Best for your Child with Autism is quoted in the New York Magazine cover article on the autism spectrum.
- Barry Jacobs, author of The Emotional Survival Guide for Caregivers, was quoted in an article on managing emotions for caregivers in the AARP newsletter.
- Charles Zeanah, editor of Handbook of Infant Mental Health: Third Edition, is quoted in an article on childhood mental illness in the Wall Street Journal.
- Mary Solanto, author of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Adult ADHD: Targeting Executive Dysfunction, is interviewed in Psychology Today and on the Huffington Post.
- Russell Barkley is quoted in an article on adult ADHD in Forbes.
- Library Journal calls An Early Start for Your Child with Autism by Sally Rogers, Geraldine Dawson, and Laurie Vismara "a valuable tool for parents of children with ASD who want to maximize learning in the home."
- Russell Barkley's research is cited in this article on the rise of Adult ADD on PsychCentral.
- Geraldine Dawson and the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) for treating autism are discussed in this article on early behavioral intervention for autism on PsychCentral.
- Barry Jacobs, author of The Emotional Survival Guide for Caregivers, is featured in a video series on Caregiving, discussing "The Top 10 Contributing Factors to the Caregiving Crisis" on TedMed.
- Mary Solanto, author of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Adult ADHD: Targeting Executive Dysfunction, is interviewed on the Huffington Post.
- Thomas Cash, co-editor of Body Image, Second Edition, is interviewed on the Huffington Post.
Honors & Awards
- Empowering Struggling Readers: Practices for the Middle Grades, by Leigh Hall, Leslie D. Burns and Elizabeth Carr Edwards, has been selected for the Literacy Research Association’s Edward B. Fry Book Award for 2012. The award was presented at the LRA’s annual conference in San Diego on November 30.
- David Kenny, co-author of Dyadic Data Analysis and A Primer on Regression Artifacts, is the recipient of the 2012 Distinguished Scientist Award from the SESP. The award was officially announced at the SESP conference in Austin, TX, in October.
- Melvin Mark, editor of Social Psychology and Evaluation, is the recipient of the 2012 Paul F. Lazarsfeld Evaluation Theory Award from the American Evaluation Association.
- Nancy McWilliams has won the 2011 Goethe Award for Psychoanalytic and Psychodynamic Scholarship for Psychoanalytic Diagnosis, Second Edition.