2. Preparing the Environment for Literacy Instruction in Kindergarten
3. What Do Kindergartners Know about Reading and Writing?
4. Whole-Group Literacy Instruction
5. Small-Group Literacy Instruction
6. Differentiating Instruction to Meet the Needs of All Learners
Appendices: A. Resources for Kindergarten Teachers
B. Alphabet Letter Formation
C. ELKA Alphabet Recognition Tasks
D. ELKA Concepts about Print Tasks
E. ELKA Phonemic Awareness Tasks
F. ELKA Phonics Tasks
G. ELKA Writing Task: Invented Spelling List and Scoring Rubric.
H. Comprehension and Vocabulary Task