It is our privilege to work with authors and editors who are leaders in psychology, mental health, and the social sciences. As the cornerstone of our business, you provide an invaluable service to us. We in turn are committed to providing high-quality service to you.
See what some of our authors have to say about us!
The links below are designed to address authors' most common questions and concerns.
General Information on Publishing with Guilford For Current Guilford Authors
- For instructions on preparing your manuscript, please see our Style Guide.
- For information on how to obtain permission to reproduce materials in your Guilford book or chapter, please read our Author Guide to Obtaining Permissions. See samples of our standard Permission Request Form or Reproducible Permission Request Form (for material to be included in forms, handouts, etc.). You should keep track of your permissions using the Author Permissions Log for authored books or chapters, or the Editor Permissions Log for edited books.
- For information on preparing clinical case material, see "Writing about Psychiatric Patients," from the Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic (Adobe Acrobat Reader required). For a sample form you might use if your professional book manuscript contains case material, see the Professional Case Material Release Form. For trade book authors needing a case material release form that allows publication in books for the general reader, please see the Trade Case Material Release Form.
- When requested by the Marketing Department, please complete our Marketing Questionnaire.
- Report piracy on a Guilford book.
- Complete our Author Speaking Schedule form to keep us up to date on opportunities to market your books.
- For information on your author discount, or to take advantage of your discount when ordering any Guilford product, please e-mail email@example.com or call (800) 365-7006.
- Interested in learning more about promoting your book online? Read Guilford's "Best Practices for Online Marketing, Publicity, and Social Media" tip sheet. You'll find practical advice for developing your own online presence and several examples of what other Guilford authors are doing on the web.
Editor: Personality and Social Psychology
(800) 365-7006 ext. 213
Managing Editor: Periodicals
(800) 365-7006 ext. 246
Editor: School Psychology, Literacy
(800) 365-7006 ext. 262
C. Deborah Laughton
Publisher: Research Methods & Statistics
Senior Editor: Geography, Developmental Psychology
(800) 365-7006 ext. 220
Publisher: General Trade Books
Senior Editor: Child and Adolescent Psychology and Psychiatry
Senior Editor: Adult Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry, Social Work
Senior Editor: Neuropsychology/Neuroscience, Special Education, Developmental Disabilities, Art and Play Therapy
(800) 365-7006 ext. 241
Senior Editor: Literacy, School Psychology
(800) 365-7006 ext. 206
Publisher Emeritus, Education
If you aren't sure which editor to contact, please submit your query to firstname.lastname@example.org, and it will be directed to the appropriate editor.