Invisible Chains Overcoming Coercive Control in Your Intimate Relationship
Size: 5½" x 8¼"
March 11, 2015
March 10, 2015
April 1, 2015
The practical tools can be downloaded and printed in PDF format.
When you are showered with attention, it can feel incredibly romantic and can blind you to hints of problems ahead. But what happens when attentiveness becomes domination? In some relationships, the desire to control leads to jealousy, threats, micromanaging—even physical violence. If you or someone you care about are trapped in a web of coercive control, this book provides answers, hope, and a way out. Lisa Aronson Fontes draws on both professional expertise and personal experience to help you:
- Recognize controlling behaviors of all kinds.
- Understand why this destructive pattern occurs.
- Determine whether you are in danger and if your partner can change.
- Protect yourself and your kids.
- Find the support and resources you need.
- Take action to improve or end your relationship.
- Regain your freedom and independence.