I. Children and Their Families in Mourning
1. The Mourning Process for Children
2. When a Parent Dies
3. How Life Changes
4. How the Child Responds
5. Mediators of the Child's Bereavement Experience
6. Children at Risk
II. Comparative Losses
7. When a Sibling Dies
8. The Loss of a Parent by Divorce
III. How We Can Help Bereaved Children
9. Counseling and Intervention Issues
10. Intervention Models and Activities
Appendices: A. Project Assessment Instruments.
B. Screening Instrument and Scoring Instructions.