It is our privilege to work with authors and editors who are leaders in mental health, education, geography, and the social and behavioral sciences. As the cornerstone of our business, you provide an invaluable service to us. We in turn are committed to providing high-quality service to you.
See what some of our authors have to say about us!
The links below are designed to address authors' most common questions and concerns.
General Information on Publishing with Guilford
- How to submit a professional book proposal.
- How to submit a trade book proposal (written for the general public).
For Current Guilford Authors
- If you are working on a professional book or chapter for publication, please visit our manuscript preparation page, where you'll find important resources to help you prepare your manuscript.
- If you are working on a trade book (written for the general public), please see our Guidelines for Writing a Trade Book. Please be sure to use the resources on our manuscript preparation page as well.
- When requested by the Marketing Department, please complete our Marketing Questionnaire.
- Report piracy on a Guilford book.
- Complete our Author Speaking Schedule form to keep us up to date on opportunities to market your books.
- If your book is already on the Guilford website you can take advantage of our simple flyer creation feature to quickly generate a PDF flyer for your upcoming events. On any book page you will see an icon in the top right hand corner that says, "Create Flyer." Once you click on the link you will be able to customize the flyer for your specific event and immediately generate a PDF to download, save, and print.
- For information on your author discount, or to take advantage of your discount when ordering any Guilford product, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 365-7006.
- Interested in learning more about promoting your book online? Read Guilford's "Best Practices for Online Marketing, Publicity, and Social Media" tip sheet. You'll find practical advice for developing your own online presence and several examples of what other Guilford authors are doing on the web.
- Guilford's Publicity Tips for Authors includes information on what you can do before, at, and after the publication of your book to help promote it.
Finally, to contact one of our Acquisition Editors, see the list below:
Editor: Personality and Social Psychology
(800) 365-7006 ext. 213
Managing Editor: Periodicals
(800) 365-7006 ext. 246
Editor: School Psychology, Literacy
(800) 365-7006 ext. 262
C. Deborah Laughton
Publisher: Research Methods & Statistics
Senior Editor: Geography, Developmental Psychology
(800) 365-7006 ext. 220
Publisher: General Trade Books
Senior Editor: Child and Adolescent Psychology and Psychiatry
Senior Editor: Adult Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry, Social Work
Senior Editor: Neuropsychology/Neuroscience, Special Education, Developmental Disabilities, Art and Play Therapy
(800) 365-7006 ext. 241
Senior Editor: Literacy, School Psychology
(800) 365-7006 ext. 206
Publisher Emeritus, Education
If you aren't sure which editor to contact, please submit your query to email@example.com, and it will be directed to the appropriate editor.