It is our privilege to work with authors and editors who are world-renowned clinicians, educators, and researchers. We are committed to innovation in what we publish and how we get essential knowledge to the world—and to the old-fashioned hard work of writing, editing, marketing, and partnership building.
See what some of our authors have to say about us!
The links below are designed to address authors' most common questions and concerns.
General Information on Publishing with Guilford
- How to submit a professional book proposal.
- How to submit a trade book proposal (written for the general public).
For Current Guilford Authors
- If you are working on a professional book or chapter for publication, please visit our manuscript preparation page, where you'll find important resources to help you prepare your manuscript.
- If you are working on a trade book (written for the general public), please see our Guidelines for Writing a Trade Book. Please be sure to use the resources on our manuscript preparation page as well.
- When requested by the Marketing Department, please complete our Marketing Questionnaire. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like the questionnaire file re-sent to you.
- Report piracy on a Guilford book.
- Complete our Author Speaking Schedule form to keep us up to date on opportunities to market your books.
- If your book is already on the Guilford website you can take advantage of our simple flyer creation feature to quickly generate a PDF flyer for your upcoming events. On any book page you will see an icon in the top right hand corner that says, "Create Flyer." Once you click on the link you will be able to customize the flyer for your specific event and immediately generate a PDF to download, save, and print.
- For information on your author discount, or to take advantage of your discount when ordering any Guilford product, please email email@example.com or call (800) 365-7006.
- Interested in learning more about how you can help to promote your book? Read Guilford's Guide to Book Publicity for our top five practical and effective tips.
- Creating an author video is a powerful way to share information about your book. Read Guilford's Guide to Author Videos for tips and practical strategies.
- Consider sending an email to your personal network of friends, family, and colleagues announcing your new book. Please review Guilford's On-Publication Email Template for best practices.
Finally, to contact one of our Acquisition Editors, see the list below:
Editor: Personality and Social Psychology
(212) 431-9800 ext. 213
Managing Editor: Periodicals
(212) 431-9800 ext. 246
Editor: School Psychology, Literacy
(212) 431-9800 ext. 828
C. Deborah Laughton
Publisher: Research Methods & Statistics
Senior Editor: Geography, Developmental Psychology
Editor: General Trade Books
(212) 431-9800 ext. 206
Publisher: General Trade Books
Senior Editor: Child and Adolescent Psychology and Psychiatry
(212) 431-9800 ext. 835
Senior Editor: Adult Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry, Social Work
(212) 431-9800 ext. 837
Senior Editor: Neuropsychology/Neuroscience, Special Education, Developmental Disabilities, Art and Play Therapy
(212) 431-9800 ext. 241
Senior Editor: Literacy, School Psychology
(212) 431-9800 ext. 839
If you aren't sure which editor to contact, please submit your query to firstname.lastname@example.org, and it will be directed to the appropriate editor.