Guilford Publications is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining a talented, dedicated staff. Located in New York City, we publish acclaimed books and periodicals in the areas of psychology and mental health, education, research methods, and geography. We offer our employees a collaborative and highly productive work environment, excellent benefits, and opportunities for career development.
Current Positions Open:
Account Manager: International and Special Markets
Guilford Press seeks a smart, flexible professional for a multifaceted position to work in our NYC Sales Dept. This position works closely with customers, authors, and staff across departments to service existing accounts and to expand our sales into new areas. This position works both independently and as part of a team, providing departmental support in a fast-paced, friendly, and challenging atmosphere. This position is a great opportunity for candidates looking to expand their sales career in book publishing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle international accounts, domestic special sales, and domestic distributors.
- Work with existing customers and territory Sales Representatives.
- Approach new accounts and handle new customer queries.
- Conduct sales presentations.
- Create and distribute sales and marketing support material.
- Analyze sales data.
- Generate new distribution leads and contribute to department and companywide initiatives.
- Some travel required, including Frankfurt Book Fair.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in conducting sales presentations.
- Ability to represent Guilford through excellent written and verbal communications.
- An affinity for managing details and multiple projects.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Acumen database a plus.
- Experience in sales in scholarly publishing required.
Guilford Publications offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits and will only consider local candidates. Please include a cover letter with your resume. Respond via email to: Lynn Penney, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Account Manager.
No calls, snail mail, faxes, and no agencies please.