Guilford Publications (Guilford Press), founded in 1973, is an independent academic/scholarly press located in midtown Manhattan, NYC, near Penn Station. We publish acclaimed books and periodicals in the areas of psychology, mental health, wellness, education, social sciences, research methods, geography, and other related fields. We offer our employees a collaborative and highly productive work environment, excellent benefits, and opportunities for career development.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, creed, national origin, marital/partnership status, pregnancy, arrest or conviction status, status as a victim of domestic violence, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Guilford Press’ Sales Department seeks an experienced sales pro to lead the team’s data analytics and manage key accounts. In this senior position you will directly contribute to expanding the reach of our outstanding titles through the data-driven review of sales, channels, and individual key accounts. You’ll be the account manager responsible for overseeing Amazon/Kindle, Ingram, and other key accounts.
- Lead the Sales Department’s analytics initiatives by developing strong, clear reporting and analytic tools, both to track department goals and to inform future directions for the company.
- Identify trends at the title, subject, channel, and account levels to inform the work of Editorial, Senior Management, Data, Piracy, and other teams at Guilford.
- Conduct in-depth Sales and Inventory analysis, test new analytical approaches, and analyze reports individually or in collaboration with other Guilford teams.
- Adeptly manage all aspects of Amazon/Kindle, Ingram, and other key accounts, and contribute to metadata best practices and merchandising enhancements. Assess new sales model opportunities, track sell-through and inventory, and contribute to making informed decisions on pricing and terms.
- Open new accounts and explore underserved markets.
- At least 5 years of experience in publishing, sales, or another relevant field is preferred.
- Superior computing skills – including MS Office suite’s Excel, Word, and PowerPoint – are a must.
- The ability to analyze sales and cost data to make informed decisions and recommendations is crucial, as is the ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Appropriately assertive sales instincts and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Access, Acumen, and Edelweiss are a plus.
- A college degree is preferred.
- Some travel for business meetings and professional conferences is required.
About Guilford Publications
Guilford is a company full of people who are passionate about the works we publish and the company’s role as an independent publisher with a long-history of excellence. Guilford offers an ethical and compassionate work environment, where staff members are respected and valued. We build staff skill sets and we ask that you are open to learning new skills. We strive for a healthy work-life balance and we appreciate that our staff have multi-faceted, full lives.
We prefer this position be based out of our New York City office (near Penn Station in midtown), with a hybrid schedule of on-site office and remote work. For the right candidate, full-time remote would also be considered.
The pay range for this position is $70,000 to $78,000 annually. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a profit-sharing bonus, medical, dental, vision, FSA, disability, 401(k), 401(k) match, commuter pre-tax benefits, and professional development opportunities.
To Apply / Special Instructions
When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here and why you’re interested in this job. Candidates should send their resume with a cover letter to the attention of Anne Patota using firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please include “Sales Analyst.”