Has Your Child Been Traumatized?
How to Know and What to Do to Promote Healing and Recovery
Melissa Goldberg Mintz
Foreword by Jon G. Allen
I. Understanding Trauma
1. What Is Trauma?
2. Has Your Child Been Traumatized?
3. You Are the Key to Helping Your Child Heal
II. Knowing What to Expect
4. Understanding Changes in Your Child’s Behavior
5. Recognizing and Responding to Trauma Triggers
III. Responding to Behavioral Changes
6. What to Do When Your Child Becomes More Emotional and Less Mature
7. How to Respond to Minor Misbehavior
8. Handling Withdrawal and Avoidance
9. Dealing with Major Misbehavior
10. Responding to Self-Harm and Impulsive Behaviors
IV. Parenting Plus
11. Seeking Professional Help
12. Looking Ahead