Helping Schoolchildren with Chronic Health Conditions
A Practical Guide
Daniel L. Clay
A Paperback Original
A Paperback Originalorder
June 2, 2004
ISBN 9781593850432Price: $39.00
Size: 8½" x 11"
Designed to help school psychologists and other school-based professionals create an optimal learning environment for the 10-15% of students who experience chronic, significant health problems, this volume provides up-to-date information, cost-effective strategies, and practical clinical and educational tools. The convenient, large-size format facilitates photocopying and day-to-day use. Indispensable features include:
- Discussions of specific health conditions and their impact in K-12 settings
- Interventions to maximize school participation, coping, and social functioning
- Guidelines for developing IEPs and 504 plans as required by law
- Keys to building effective partnerships with parents, teachers, and medical providers
- Many reproducibles: assessment tools, student worksheets, parent handouts, and more
This title is part of The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series, edited by Sandra M. Chafouleas.