Breaking Free of Managed Care
A Step-by-Step Guide to Regaining Control of Your Practice
Dana C. Ackley
August 11, 1999
ISBN 9781572305243Price: $39.00
Size: 6" x 9"
Copyright Date: 1997
Providing therapists practical solutions to managed care's erosion of their freedom to practice, this book presents a working blueprint for a private-pay psychotherapy practice. Dana C. Ackley casts out the distortions that have crept into many clinicians' thinking as a result of reliance on third-party reimbursement. Based on his own experience, he shows how you can serve clients—and yourself—better by developing real alternatives to the pressures and bureaucracy of managed care. In clear step-by-step detail, including practical exercises and checklists, sample marketing materials, and payment plans, the volume shows you how to:
- Rediscover the economic and clinical value of your work
- Discard assumptions that might block your progress
- Educate yourself about the needs of potential clients
- Market and sell your services effectively
- Learn ethical, reasonable business-of-practice skills
- Diversify into the rewarding area of psychological consultation to businesses.