Explaining Abnormal Behavior
A Cognitive Neuroscience Perspective
1. Scientific Explanation
2. Placing Neuroscience in the History of Science and Philosophy
3. History of the Localization of Function Debate
4. How Does the Brain Compute?
5. Classical and Contemporary Models of Abnormal Behavior
II. What Are the Disorders?
6. Disorders of Perception
7. Disorders of Attention
8. Disorders of Language
9. Disorders of Memory
10. Disorders of Action Selection
11. Disorders of State Regulation
12. Global Disorders
III. What Becomes of the Self?
13. How to Relate Self to Brain
Appendix A. Human Neocortical Regions
Appendix B. Online Resources