Handbook of Obesity Treatment
Edited by Thomas A. Wadden and George A. Bray
Hardcovere-bookprint + e-book
September 5, 2018
Size: 7" x 10"
New to this edition:
- Many new authors and topics; extensively revised and expanded with over 15 years of research and clinical advances, including breakthroughs in understanding the biological regulation of appetite and body weight.
- Section on behavioral, environmental, and psychosocial contributors to obesity, with new chapters on food choices, physical activity, sleep, and the built environment.
- Chapters on novel treatments for adults—acceptance and commitment therapy, motivational interviewing, digitally based interventions, behavioral economics, community-based programs, and nonsurgical devices.
- Chapters on novel treatments for children and adolescents—school-based preventive interventions, family-based behavioral weight loss treatment, and bariatric surgery.
- Chapters on the gut microbiome, the emerging field of obesity medicine, reimbursement for weight loss therapies, and managing co-occurring eating disorders and obesity.