12 Principles for Raising a Child with ADHD
|Watch Russell Barkley discuss strategies for raising a child with ADHD.|
Read a Q&A with featured author, Russell A. Barkley!
Sign up for emails on upcoming titles by Russell A. Barkley (with special discounts)!
The practical tools can be downloaded and printed in PDF format.
- Principle 1. Use the Keys to Success
- Principle 2. Remember That It’s a Disorder
- Principle 3. Be a Shepherd, Not an Engineer
- Principle 4. Get Your Priorities Straight
- Principle 5. Mindful Parenting: Be There and Be Aware
- Principle 6. Promote Your Child’s Self-Awareness and Accountability
- Principle 7. Touch More, Reward More, and Talk Less
- Principle 8. Make Time Real
- Principle 9. Working Memory Isn’t Working: Offload It and Make It Physical!
- Principle 10. Get Organized
- Principle 11. Make Problem Solving Concrete
- Principle 12. Be Proactive: Plan for Difficult Situations at Home and Away
- Conclusion: Putting It All Together