12 Principles for Raising a Child with ADHD
|Watch Russell Barkley discuss strategies for raising a child with ADHD.|
Read a Q & A with featured author, Russell A. Barkley!
Sign up for e-alerts on upcoming titles by Russell A. Barkley (with special discounts)!
The practical tools can be downloaded and printed in PDF format.
- Principle 1. Use the Keys to Success
- Principle 2. Remember That It’s a Disorder
- Principle 3. Be a Shepherd, Not an Engineer
- Principle 4. Get Your Priorities Straight
- Principle 5. Mindful Parenting: Be There and Be Aware
- Principle 6. Promote Your Child’s Self-Awareness and Accountability
- Principle 7. Touch More, Reward More, and Talk Less
- Principle 8. Make Time Real
- Principle 9. Working Memory Isn’t Working: Offload It and Make It Physical!
- Principle 10. Get Organized
- Principle 11. Make Problem Solving Concrete
- Principle 12. Be Proactive: Plan for Difficult Situations at Home and Away
- Conclusion: Putting It All Together