"I'm, Like, SO Fat!"
Helping Your Teen Make Healthy Choices about Eating and Exercise in a Weight-Obsessed World
1. If It's Not One Thing, It's Another: Dealing with a Spectrum of Weight-Related Problems
2. Our Susceptible Teens: What We Know about Causes and Contributing Factors
II. "How can we protect our teens when society pushes fat but promotes thin?"
3. Parents Matter (a Lot)
4. Friends, Fashions, and Fads
5. Physical Activity: A Big Part of the Answer...in Moderation
6. The Great Diet Debate
7. The Four Cornerstones of Healthy Weight and Body Image
III. "What and how much should teenagers eat?"
8. "I Know How to Diet...I Just Don't Know How to Eat": What Teens Need to Know about Nutrition
9. Portion Control and Calorie Counting: Teaching Teens to Pay Attention without Obsessing
10. Vegetarianism: Doing It Right-for Your Teen and Your Family
IV. "How can we make a difference at home...and away?"
11. Family Meals in a Fast-Food World
12. Eating Out—-When Cooking Just Isn't Going to Happen
13. Fluent in the F Words: Talking with Teens about Food, Fat, and Other Touchy Topics
V. "What can we do when problems come up?"
14. Helping an Overweight Teen Be Healthy and Happy
15. How to Spot the Signs of an Eating Disorder and What You Can Do to Help
*Resources for Parents and Teens