A Visual Guide to Map Design for GIS
A Paperback Originale-bookprint + e-book
A Paperback Originalorder
August 2, 2016
ISBN 9781462509980Price: $56.00
Size: 7" x 10"
New to this edition:
- Expanded coverage of using mobile digital devices to collect data for maps, including discussions of location services and locational privacy.
- New and revised topics: how to do sketch maps, how map categories and symbols have changed over time, designing maps on desktop computers and mobile devices, human perception and color, and more.
- Separate, expanded chapter on map symbol abstraction.
- Additional case studies of compelling phenomena such as children's traffic fatalities based on race, the spread of tropical diseases, and the 2012 presidential election.
- Many additional color illustrations.