Motivational Interviewing in Nutrition and Fitness
Dawn Clifford and Laura Curtis
Read a related Q&A from author Dawn Clifford!
Sign up for emails on upcoming titles on Motivational Approaches (with special discounts)!
The reproducible materials can be downloaded and printed in PDF format.
I. Motivational Interviewing Basics
1. The Complexities of Lifestyle Changes
2. The Spirit of Motivational Interviewing
II. The Four Processes of Motivational Interviewing
3. Engaging and Focusing
5. Planning for Change
III. Mastering the Microskills: OARS
6. Open-Ended Questions
IV. Beyond the Basics
10. When Clients Aren't So Sure about Change
11. What to Do When There's Little Time
12. Clarifying Health Misinformation and Exploring Unhealthy Beliefs
13. Putting Motivational Interviewing to Work in Nutrition Counseling
14. Putting Motivational Interviewing to Work in Fitness Counseling
15. Putting Motivational Interviewing to Work to Address Weight Concerns and Disordered Eating
Appendix 1. Making Referrals
Appendix 2. Additional Resources