More than 100,000 in print!
Understanding Personality Structure in the Clinical Process
Download an e-book copy now or order a print copy
Sign up for e-alerts on upcoming titles by Nancy McWilliams (with special discounts)!
I. Conceptual Issues
1. Why Diagnose?
2. Psychoanalytic Character Diagnosis
3. Developmental Levels of Personality Organization
4. Implications of Developmental Levels of Organization
5. Primary Defensive Processes
6. Secondary Defensive Processes
II. Types of Character Organization
7. Psychopathic (Antisocial) Personalities
8. Narcissistic Personalities
9. Schizoid Personalities
10. Paranoid Personalities
11. Depressive and Manic Personalities
12. Masochistic (Self-Defeating) Personalities
13. Obsessive and Compulsive Personalities
14. Hysterical (Histrionic) Personalities
15. Dissociative Psychologies
Appendix. Suggested Diagnostic Interview Format