More than 475,000 in print!
Taking Charge of ADHD
The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents
Sign up for emails on upcoming titles by Russell A. Barkley (with special discounts)!
The practical tools can be downloaded and printed in PDF format.
I. Understanding ADHD
2. “What’s Really Wrong with My Child?”: Poor Self-Regulation
3. What Causes ADHD?
4. What Does Not Cause ADHD?
5. What to Expect: The Developmental Nature of the Disorder
6. The Family Context of a Child with ADHD
II. Taking Charge: How to Be a Successful Executive Parent
7. Deciding to Have Your Child Evaluated for ADHD
8. Preparing for the Evaluation
9. Coping with the Diagnosis of ADHD
10. Just for Parents: How to Take Care of Yourself
III. Managing Life with ADHD: How to Cope at Home and at School
11. Eight Steps to Better Behavior
12. Taking Charge at Home: The Art of Problem Solving
13. How to Help Your Child with Peer Problems
14. Getting through Adolescence, with Arthur L. Robin, PhD
15. Establishing a Healthy Lifestyle
16. Off to School on the Right Foot: Managing Your Child’s Education, with Linda J. Pfiffner, PhD
17. Enhancing Education at School and at Home: Methods for Success from Kindergarten through Grade 12, with Linda J. Pfiffner, PhD
18. Keeping School Performance in Perspective
IV. Medications for ADHD
19. The Approved Effective Stimulant Medicines
20. Other Medicines
Support Services for Parents