Teacher's Guide to Effective Sentence Writing
Paperbacke-bookprint + e-book
September 4, 2012
ISBN 9781462506774Price: $35.00
Size: 7" x 10"
Professors: request an exam copy
The reproducible materials can be downloaded and printed in PDF format.
Part I. Background
1. Writing Basics
2. The Importance of the Sentence
3. What Is Sentence Combining?
Part II. Teaching and Assessment
4. The Cognitive Challenge of Combining Sentences
5. Types of Sentence-Combining Exercises
6. Teaching Sentences
7. Teaching Sentence Combining
8. Student Grouping
Part III. Sample Unit of Instruction, Practice Activities, and Exercises
10. Sample Unit of Instruction
11. Practice Activities
12. Common Grammatical Terms and Exercise Sequence
13. Word-, Phrase-, and Clause-Length Exercises
14. Exercises with Multiple Grammatical Elements
15. Paragraph-Length Exercises