Termination Challenges in Child Psychotherapy
Hardcovere-bookprint + e-book
October 2, 2015
ISBN 9781462523177Price: $35.00
Size: 6" x 9"
Professors: request an exam copy
See related items for this product
The e-book editions of this title sold by Guilford and other e-book vendors feature 9 full-color figures. (If you have a black-and-white e-reader, the illustrations will appear in black and white, as in the print book.)
Sign up for emails on upcoming titles on Families & Couples (with special discounts)!
Ending therapy in an appropriate and meaningful way is especially important in work with children and adolescents, yet the topic is often overlooked in clinical training. From leading child clinicians, this much-needed book examines the termination process—both for brief and longer-term encounters—and offers practical guidance illustrated with vivid case material. Tools are provided for helping children and families understand termination and work through associated feelings of loss and grief. Challenges in creating positive endings to therapy with children who have experienced trauma and adversity are given particular attention. Several reproducible forms can be downloaded and printed from the companion website in a convenient 8½“ x 11” size. The companion website also features nine full-color figures.
Save 15% + Free Shipping on Online Orders!
- Offer does not apply to self-help & general interest titles.
- Applies only to prepaid online orders from the US, Canada, and other non-distributed countries, using promotional code WINTER2024.
- Discount is applied to the suggested retail prices that we believe to be charged by retailers.
- You can take advantage of other special offers by entering a different promotional code in the shopping cart.
- You may return Guilford books (undamaged) within 30 days of receipt for a full refund.
- Not applicable to journal renewals.
- Offer expires February 29, 2024.
- Offer available year-round!
- Applies only to prepaid online orders from US customers.
- Packages sent via USPS Media Mail. You may choose to pay for rush shipping instead.
- Shipping charges to Canada are a flat $10.00 per order via CanPar.
Placing a bulk order? See our Ordering Information for Bulk Orders and Special Sales.