The Family Guide to Getting Over OCD
Reclaim Your Life and Help Your Loved One
|Dr. Abramowitz shares strategies for families coping with OCD.|
Read a Q&A with featured author, Jonathan S. Abramowitz!
Sign up for emails on upcoming titles on Families & Couples (with special discounts)!
The practical tools can be downloaded and printed in PDF format.
I. Understanding OCD
1. What Is OCD?
2. How Does OCD Set Its Trap?
4. Treatment That Can Help Your Relative—and Your Family
II. Preparing to Untangle Yourself from OCD
5. Why Your Loved One May Refuse Treatment—and What You Can Do
6. Learning the Facts About Anxiety, Obsessions, and Uncertainty
7. Learning to Communicate Effectively
III. Reducing OCD’s Influence Step by Step
8. Taking Stock of Your Situation
9. Preparing Your Loved One
10. Setting and Maintaining Expectations
11. Reducing Accommodation
12. Responding to Arguments, Threats, and Extreme Behavior
13. Staying on Track
IV. When Your Loved One Is Ready for Help
14. Finding the Right Treatment Program and Provider
15. Becoming an Effective Exposure Therapy Coach