The Literacy Coaching Challenge
Models and Methods for Grades K-8
Paperbacke-bookprint + e-book
April 30, 2008
Size: 7" x 10"
Read a Q & A with Sharon Walpole, our April Author of the Month!
When the goal is supporting excellent teaching, there is no "one-size-fits-all" approach. This popular practitioner resource and text helps readers navigate the many choices involved in developing and fine-tuning a coaching program that offers the best fit for a particular school. The authors draw on current research as well as their extensive experience in K-8 settings. They provide clear guidance (with helpful reproducibles) on:
- Major coaching models and how to choose among them.
- Applying principles of adult learning and motivation.
- The role of reading assessment in coaching.
- Balancing classroom-level, grade-level, and whole-school tasks.
- Special considerations in middle school coaching.