Lying and Deception in Everyday Life
Edited by Michael Lewis and Carolyn Saarni
February 5, 1993
ISBN 9780898628944Price: $52.00
Size: 6" x 9"
Professors: request an exam copy
1. Deceit and Illusion in Human Affairs, Saarni and Lewis.
2. What a Tangled Web: Deception and Self-Deception in Philosophy, Solomon.
3. Animals as Liars: The Human Face of Nonhuman Duplicity, Mitchell.
4. The Development of Deception, Lewis.
5. The Socialization of Emotional Dissemblance, Saarni & von Salisch.
6. Sex Differences in Lying: How Women and Men Deal with the Dilemma of Deceit, DePaulo, Epstein, & Wyer.
7. Looking at Oneself in a Rose-Colored Mirror: The Role of Excuses in the Negotiation of a Personal Reality, Sigmon & Snyder.
8. Lying to Yourself: The Enigma of Self-Deception, Baumeister.
9. Lies that Fail, Ekman & Frank.
10. Understanding Malingering: Motivation, Method, and Detection, Kropp & Rogers.