Psychological Evaluations for the Courts
A Handbook for Mental Health Professionals and Lawyers
Gary B. Melton, John Petrila, Norman G. Poythress, Christopher Slobogin, Randy K. Otto, Douglas Mossman, and Lois O. Condie
Hardcovere-bookprint + e-book
December 22, 2017
Size: 7" x 10"
Read a Q & A with Christopher Slobogin, our February Author of the Month!
New to this edition:
- Extensively revised to reflect important legal, empirical, and clinical developments.
- Increased attention to medical and neuroscientific research.
- New protocols relevant to competence, risk assessment, child custody, and mental injury evaluations.
- Updates on insanity, sentencing, civil commitment, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Social Security, juvenile and family law, and the admissibility of expert testimony.
- Material on immigration law (including a sample report) and international law.
- New and revised sample reports.