A Primer for Teachers in the Common Core Era
Download an e-book copy now or order a print copy
2. Purposes of Reading Assessment: What Do Good Readers Do and How Can Teachers and Coaches Assess This?
3. Methods of Assessment: What Are the Different Kinds of Assessments and What Do They Tell Us about Reading Performance?
4. Assessment as Part of Instruction: How Can We Assess as We Teach?
5. The Informal Reading Inventory Process: How Does It Address the Purposes of Reading Assessment?
6. Early Literacy: What Do We Need to Know about Beginning Readers?
7. Word Identification: How Can We Assess a Student’s Word Identification Ability?
8. Reading Fluency: How Can We Assess Reading Fluency?
9. Vocabulary Knowledge: How Can We Assess Comprehension of Words?
10. Comprehension of Text: How Can We Assess Understanding of Text?
11. Schoolwide Reading Assessment: How Can We Collect, Organize, and Present Classroom Data?
General Summary. Assessing the Good Reader Behaviors and the Common Core State Standards