More than 425,000 in print!
Smart but Scattered
The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential
Sign up to receive e-alerts on upcoming titles by Drs. Dawson and Guare (with special discounts)!
The practical tools can be downloaded and printed in PDF format.
I. What Makes Your Child Smart But Scattered
1. How Did Such a Smart Kid End Up So Scattered?
2. Identifying Your Child's Strengths and Weaknesses
3. How Your Own Executive Strengths and Weaknesses Matter
4. Matching the Child to the Task
II. Laying a Foundation That Can Help
5. Ten Principles for Improving Your Child's Executive Skills
6. Modifying the Environment: A Is for Antecedent
7. Teaching Executive Skills Directly: B Is for Behavior
8. Motivating Your Child to Learn and Use Executive Skills: C Is for Consequence
III. Putting It All Together
9. Advance Organizer
10. Ready-Made Plans for Teaching Your Child to Complete Daily Routines
11. Building Response Inhibition
12. Enhancing Working Memory
13. Improving Emotional Control
14. Strengthening Sustained Attention
15. Teaching Task Initiation
16. Promoting Planning and Prioritizing
17. Fostering Organization
18. Instilling Time Management
19. Encouraging Flexibility
20. Increasing Goal-Directed Persistence
21. Cultivating Metacognition
22. When What You Do Is Not Enough
23. Working with the School
24. What's Ahead?