The Dynamics of Close Relationships
Sandra L. Murray and John G. Holmes
Foreword by Harry T. Reis
1. Motivating Responsiveness: Why a Smart Relationship Unconscious?
2. Procedural Rules for Responsiveness: The Motivation-Management Model
3. Trust: When to Approach?
4. Commitment: How Close a Connection?
5. The Situational Risks: Seek Connection or Avoid Rejection?
6. The Rules for Seeking Connection: Increase and Justify Own Dependence
7. The Rules for Avoiding Rejection: Withhold Own and Promote Partner Dependence
8. Relationship Personality: Making Certain Rules a Habit
9. Being Swept Away: How Passionate Love Makes It Natural to Connect.
10. Being Mowed Over: How Real Life Makes It Natural to Self-Protect
11. How the Person, the Pairing, and the Context Make (or Break) Relationships
12. A Practical Guide for Relationships