More than 450,000 in print!
Helping People Change
The ePub edition of this title is Global Certified Accessible to WCAG 2.0 AA standards.
Read a Q&A with featured author, Stephen Rollnick!
Sign up for e-alerts on upcoming titles on Motivational Approaches (with special discounts)!
2. The Spirit of Motivational Interviewing
3. The Method of Motivational Interviewing
II. Engaging: The Relational Foundation
4. Engagement and Disengagement
5. Listening: Understanding the Person’s Dilemma
6. Core Interviewing Skills: OARS
7. Exploring Values and Goals
III. Focusing: The Strategic Direction
8. Why Focus?
9. Finding the Horizon
10. When Goals Differ
11. Exchanging Information
IV. Evoking: Preparation for Change
12. Ambivalence: Change Talk and Sustain Talk
13. Evoking the Person’s Own Motivation
14. Responding to Change Talk
15. Responding to Sustain Talk and Discord
16. Evoking Hope and Confidence
17. Counseling with Neutrality
18. Developing Discrepancy
V. Planning: The Bridge to Change
19. From Evoking to Planning
20. Developing a Change Plan
21. Strengthening Commitment
22. Supporting Change
VI. Motivational Interviewing in Everyday Practice
23. Experiencing Motivational Interviewing
24. Learning Motivational Interviewing
25. Applying Motivational Interviewing
26. Integrating Motivational Interviewing
VII. Evaluating Motivational Interviewing
27. Research Evidence and the Evolution of Motivational Interviewing
28. Evaluating Motivational Conversations
Appendix A. Glossary of Motivational Interviewing Terms
Appendix B. A Bibliography of Motivational Interviewing, Christopher J. McLouth