Responding to Problem Behavior in Schools
The Check-In, Check-Out Intervention
Paperbacke-bookprint + e-book
November 19, 2020
Size: 8" x 10½"
Check out a special package offer including this title!
See related items for this product
The new edition will be published November 19, 2020. If you need this title before then, please see the previous edition.
Now revised and expanded with the latest research and adaptations for additional target behaviors, this is the gold-standard guide to Check-In, Check-Out (CICO), the most widely implemented Tier 2 behavior intervention. CICO is designed for the approximately 10–15% of students who fail to meet schoolwide behavioral expectations but who do not require intensive, individualized supports. In a large-size format for easy photocopying, the book includes step-by-step procedures and reproducible tools for planning and implementation. At the companion website, purchasers can download and print the reproducible tools and can access online-only training materials, sample daily progress reports, and an Excel database for managing daily data. (Second edition subtitle: The Behavior Education Program.)
New to This Edition
New to This Edition
- Chapters on CICO in alternative educational settings and for students with internalizing behavior problems.
- Content on using CICO for attendance issues, academic and organizational skills, and recess behavior problems.
- Chapter on layering additional targeted interventions onto CICO.
- Chapter with specific recommendations for training and coaching school teams.
- Expanded chapters on frequently asked questions, implementation in high school, and culturally responsive practices.
- Supplemental online-only training and data management tools.
- Updated throughout with current data and evidence-based procedures.
This title is part of The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series, edited by Sandra M. Chafouleas.