Social and Emotional Learning in the Classroom
Promoting Mental Health and Academic Success
A Paperback Originale-bookprint + e-book
A Paperback Originalorder
January 29, 2010
Size: 8" x 10½"
Convenient Lay-Flat Binding
This highly engaging, eminently practical book provides essential resources for implementing social and emotional learning (SEL) in any K–12 setting. Numerous vivid examples illustrate the nuts and bolts of this increasingly influential approach to supporting students' mental health, behavior, and academic performance. Helpful reproducibles are included. The authors offer clear-cut guidance on how to:
- Choose the right SEL program for a particular school.
- Teach SEL concepts to students, teachers, and administrators.
- Weave SEL into the classroom curriculum to boost academic success.
- Adapt interventions for culturally and linguistically diverse students and those with special needs.
- Monitor outcomes and maximize the quality of interventions.
This title is part of The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series, edited by T. Chris Riley-Tillman.