More than 150,000 in print!
Taking Charge of Adult ADHD
Proven Strategies to Succeed at Work, at Home, and in Relationships
|Watch the book trailer for Taking Charge of Adult ADHD, Second Edition.|
Read a Q&A with featured author, Russell A. Barkley!
Sign up for e-alerts on upcoming titles by Russell A. Barkley (with special discounts)!
The practical tools can be downloaded and printed in PDF format.
Step One. To Get Started, Get Evaluated
1. Is It Possible That You Have ADHD?
2. Can You Handle the Problem on Your Own?
3. Where Can You Go to Get Help?
4. What Do You Need for the Evaluation?
5. What Will the Evaluation Tell You?
Step Two. Change Your Mindset: Know and Own Your ADHD
6. Know Your ADHD
7. Resisting Impulses: The First Step in Self-Control
8. Self-Control: How to Get What You Want
10. The Nature of ADHD and How You Can Master It
11. Own Your ADHD
Step Three. Change Your Brain: Medications for Mastering ADHD
12. Why It Makes Sense to Try Medication
13. The Stimulants
14. The Nonstimulants
15. What to Expect from Treatment
Step Four. Change Your Life: Everyday Rules for Success
16. Rule 1: Stop the Action!
17. Rule 2: See the Past…and Then the Future
18. Rule 3: Say the Past…and Then the Future
19. Rule 4: Externalize Key Information
20. Rule 5: Feel the Future
21. Rule 6: Break It Down…and Make It Matter
22. Rule 7: Make Problems External, Physical, and Manual
23. Rule 8: Have a Sense of Humor!
Step Five. Change Your Situation: Mastering ADHD in Specific Areas of Your Life
28. Driving, Health, and Lifestyle Risks
29. Other Mental and Emotional Problems
30. Drugs and Crime
Appendix: A Closer Look at ADHD Symptoms