The Stress Less Workbook
Simple Strategies to Relieve Pressure, Manage Commitments, and Minimize Conflicts
A Paperback Originale-bookprint + e-book
A Paperback Originalorder
July 13, 2012
Size: 8" x 10½"
Read a Q & A with Jonathan S. Abramowitz, our May Author of the Month!
You may not be able to change the things that are stressing you out, but what if you could respond differently? How would it feel to let go of chronic worry and tension, manage your time more effectively, be less irritable and exhausted, and tackle everyday hassles with confidence? Now you can find out for yourself. Weaving together proven self-help strategies, prominent clinician-researcher Dr. Jonathan Abramowitz helps you accomplish more—and stress less. Easy-to-use worksheets, forms, and numerous examples show you step by step how to create a personalized anti-stress action plan. You'll learn where stress comes from, when it can actually be beneficial, and how it gets out of control. Dr. Abramowitz provides the guidance, specific instructions, and encouragement you need to:
- Break free of all-or-nothing thinking and other mental traps.
- Get more out of each hour in the day.
- Resolve conflicts with your partner or kids.
- Cope with work problems and financial strains.
- Use meditation to attain a sense of well-being.
- Set achievable goals for healthy eating and exercise.
- Meet your deadlines—without running yourself into the ground.
- Reduce stress-related pain and other health concerns.
This title is part of The Guilford Self-Help Workbook Series, edited by Martin M. Antony.