Finding Your Way to Change
How the Power of Motivational Interviewing Can Reveal What You Want and Help You Get There
With Bonnie Gorscak
Foreword by William R. Miller and Stephen Rollnick
Sign up for e-alerts on upcoming titles on Motivational Approaches (with special discounts)!
Prelude: Considering Change
I. You Don't Have to Change
1. Being Ambivalent
2. The Pressure Paradox
3. The Other Side of the Pressure Paradox
II. Do You Want to Change? Can You Change?
First Interlude: The Language of Change
4. Exploring the Importance of Change to You
5. Exploring Your Confidence for Change
6. Exploring Your Personal Values
Second Interlude: Ready or Not?
III. Finding YOUR Way to Change
Third Interlude: Planning for Change
7. Developing Your Plan
8. Revisiting, Revising, and Regrouping
9. The Far Side of Change
Appendix. The History and Science of Motivational Interviewing